Are you thinking of becoming a Christian?This article has a step-by-step guide on how to become a Christian.
We will try not to provide too much information in this article. We want to keep it simple. Our hope is that you will find the info you are looking for.
For years, people have been falling on their knees and are praying to gods that don’t hear or answer their prayers. People believe that the world is coming to an end.
Those who have turned from God are now trying to make amends. With all that has been going on in the world lately, many people are turning to God for refuge. Many are thinking about converting from their faith to Christianity to gain protection from this long-lasting COVID-19 pandemic. After witnessing millions of people die, including their friends and family, people around the world are now claiming Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. Now that their gods have failed them the only hope is to turn to Jesus. The decision to follow Jesus is the smartest decision you will ever make in your entire life.
Becoming a Christian is really not hard or difficult.
You do not have to apply for any kind of acceptance. No application needs processing. Becoming a Christian is absolutely free of cost. All you have to do to become a Christian is to follow a few simple steps. God’s grace is for everyone. He wants to connect to everyone, even the unsaved or those who don’t think He exists.
God is a merciful and forgiving god. He will not turn you away or punishing you for your past mistakes. God will not shame you for worshipping false gods in the past. You do not have to be afraid of talking to God. In fact, that is what God wants; He wants you to turn away from your ways and follow Him. He created you and He wants to accept you back into His kingdom.
Here is the complete guide on how to become a Christian.
1) ACCEPTING JESUS. Accepting Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour opens the door for you to enter God’s kingdom. What you must first do is repent of your sins and ask for God’s forgiveness.
2) BE OF GOOD CHARACTER. Now that you have accepted Jesus and He has forgiven you, it is time to turn away from any unclean habits or sinful ways you have. Search yourself and give up any wicked ways you have.
3) START READING THE BIBLE. When you start to read the Bible, you will become knowledgeable about God’s ways. You must know what sin is and how to live righteously.
4) GET COUNSELLING. The Bible can be a very complicated book to understand. It may be confusing when you read it for the first time. Getting counselling will help you to understand the Bible and what being a Christian is all about. Counselling is extremely beneficial in your transition into Christianity as it helps to set the foundation for your growth in faith.
5) GET BAPTIZE. You must be baptized in water and receive the holy spirit to be born again as a Christian. Being born again does not mean you have to go back to your mother’s womb and born again in the flesh. Being born again means God will renew you and wash all your sins away. Again, finding a counsellor is essential when deciding to follow Jesus. Your counsellor will teach you exactly what being baptized means and why it is important.
6) LEARN HOW TO PRAY. When you know how to pray you will be able to overcome all obstacles and temptations in your life. Prayer will get you through the situations that you are facing. Prayer is important in maintaining a consistent relationship with God, which is why learning how to pray is an important part of being a Christian.
Once you follow these steps, you will become a Christian.
Congratulations, my brother or sister!
Behold! You are new in Christ Jesus! God has cleansed you and made you new again. Part of your responsibility as a Christian is to encourage others to walk with Jesus and accept Him as their personal Lord and Saviour. When you win souls for God He will reward you with His greatest riches in Heaven.
As previously said, it does not takes a lot for you to become a Christian. Just taking these simple 6 steps will allow you to walk with God in no time. Of course, you will have to give up some habits to become a Christian, but submitting to God is really easy. Yes, some challenges and temptations come with being a Christian. You will be enticed to go back to your old habits every day. Despite this fact, God will give you the strength to overcome them if you ask for His deliverance.
You have to build faith in yourself and in God.
It is challenging but you will get through life by the grace of God. If you are considering becoming a Christian, or even if you are already a Christian, and you are struggling with your walk with the Lord. Please feel free to reach out to us. Do not let anything pull you away from being a part of God’s kingdom. You are not alone. You can reach out to us for help by commenting in the box down below this article. We are ready and eager to assist you with your walk with Jesus.
Have you decided to follow Jesus?
Comment and share your thoughts below! We want to hear your thoughts.